Monday, June 12, 2017

30

Not long after I turned 29 I found out we were probably going to start the transplant journey, my lung function is low, my peak flows are low, and sometimes my oxygen is high. With a lot of fighting, a lot of work, and one good luck tattoo later come January I found out we could push it off some. The amount of work and time that has gone into it is well worth it. I was able to spend this last year surrounded by people I love. I got to spend it doing the things I love. I also spent with a dedicated couple hours a few times day (my days are basically taking care of my lungs) to exercises, chest PT and breathing treatments.

Life is not clear cut, and no one knows where its going to take them. I have spent my entire 20s fighting for my life. Now I am going to spend my 30s fighting off lung transplant, and fighting for lung transplant. Funny how that works right?? My doctor predicted maybe MAYBE 3 years left with my lungs. Is quite a sobering reality. I really had to stop and center myself. What do I want out of life?? Who is in my life?? Are they going to help better myself?? Do people drain me?? What exactly do I want out of this life?? These are all thoughts you have hearing this. No one wants to hear any of this especially someone my age. But the thing is, we made it to 30, we have been working on my sleeve, and I have the best spiritual guides a girl could ask for.

Thats what the end of my 20s became, lets knock some things off my bucket list, to come to conclusion I really didn't have one. Being raised by Wonder Woman, I never had the belief that our job in life is to grow old and have family. It was to love, and do what your heart desires, so you have the quality of life while you can. That is exactly what we do. So I asked Wonder Woman for a sleeve (tattoo) and to help me meet Steven Tyler and Johnny Depp. And of course Christian Kane. So she did the only thing within her power. Help me get my sleeve. Help me embrace my Steven Tyler fashion, and encourage me to become the makeup artist I want to be when I am able.

So yes, we had worse case scenario going into this year. But we made it the best that we could. We rocked every thing we could, and we made the most of every single moment that we could. Why?? Because that is what you do in life. You don't stop and say "well there is always tomorrow." No. you ask "what can we do today to make this a reality," And thats what we do, and what I encourage you to do.

And since I have salty air lungs (thinned secretions) I am gonna do what any CFer should do. Take advantage of it and clear these lungs so I have more tomorrows.

Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment