Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween

It's Halloween!! I can't say I am doing much of anything tonight. I think we might be giving out candy but I am not 100% sure. I haven't so much as thought about getting ready for tonight. If I do anything at all it'll be giving out candy. And if I already feel this crappy its unlikely that I will be doing that. It's no secret of how poor my lungs are. It just comes more to light when its your favorite holiday and you are thinking twice about doing nothing. Conserve my energy for another day?? Why yes please, or well just to make it to tonight?? Yeah thats my reality now a days. I am OK with it, I accept my body has its limitations and I also know when I should not be pushing my luck.

So what is a girl to do?? Watch a movie and love on my kitten!! She actually turned a box that has stuff in it into a bed with a rag that she pulled off the tread climber. She's a smart little thing but anyways. I have gotten use to not being able to do certain things especially since I have gotten sicker and my lung function has dropped considerably. There's certain things my lungs just can not handle, and there are certain things that will guarantee me a lung infection. Which is something we absolutely try to avoid. I use to be admitted to the hospital when my lungs are this poorly and now its every day life. So we make the best of what we got. Sometimes that means not doing something you love to ensure your health.

As much as I want to dress up and hand out candy I also have to way the odds. I have to think about the consequence of my action and how far I can push my body. Yesterday I walked from the truck to a place to sit at a local restaurant and I was visibly short of breath. I wrote it off to Wonder Woman as I was OK. Which I was and she's like no I am a nurse you can not full me. So I can't help but wonder what getting up and down to hand out candy would do to me. After the effort of getting a costume together. So it sounds like it won't end well which I am ok with. There is much more important things I want to do with my time like going to see the All Father. I also have tattoo's coming up and I much rather be healthy for them!!

But I guess I best get off of here I have left overs calling my name.
Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment