Monday, July 18, 2016

Tis the season for SALT

Tis the season for hot weather, excessive salt, and a lot of saline. I easily look at 3 liters a day and when I go outside the heat gives me instant chest pain and I look at really low blood pressure almost 3-4 times a day!! Why you may ask because I live with two disease that deplete my salt. Which makes me super sick.

POTS!! You haven't heard me talk to about this one a lot but it's the season here it flares. Heat and POTS do not mix well in me anyways. I get hot and I pass out. I also dehydrate very very easily because of this silly disease so I have upped all m fluids and salt including the ones i eat or drink. I eat almost hourly and have salted snacks strategically placed all over the house and down a redicious amount of water. Then when I dehyrate my secretions get solid and this ends very very badly. This basically means I struggle to breathe Like Wonder Woman concerned fight to stay out of the hospital sick. Which is not fun on either one us. I have been working so hard on a daily basis just to keep my BP and I have been spending a lot of time in my room because I can control the air temp in here better then an open place.

At the same time it is absolutely no excuse not to get in small amounts of exercises on the moments I am feeling OK. Yes that's right. If I have ONE moment I am feeling OK and I have spiked my BP and breathing decently enough I am doing small amounts of exercise to keep my lungs moving secretions out. It may only be 5 minuets some days but I can't find an excuse good enough to not exercise and keep my lungs working well enough. Some days there are actual reasons I do not exercise because Wonder Woman doesn't want to pic me up off the floor. And it's never OK to exercise if you lose breath hen you sit up which even I have been there a LOT.

Life has been an interesting balance of not feeling well at all, being super exhausted from breathing a lone, and still fighting to feel well enough to get up and do something for 5 mins and cook!! The one night I was to breathless to cook. We managed some how!!

But I must get off here for now.
Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment