Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Health Care

Not to long ago I was talking to the All Father about politics and health care. Being well into the health care system I had a few opinions myself and was proper about it. He encouraged me to post about it and let my voice be heard. I have been a bit indifferent about posting about this but he has never lead me down the wrong path and he assures me one voice can change things. 

OK this is NOT a political rant, but what I think need to be changed about health care. 

Being chronically ill I spend a lot of time at hospitals, doctors office, and pharmacies. And I have been very blessed to have such a good medical team, most people I have come in contact with have been beyond amazing and are always willing to help me out and what I think needs changed has nothing to do with them. It has everything to do with things they have no control of. I am not even sure who I need to contact to get my voice heard and maybe someone will see this and no who I can send this to or will send this to the appropriate people. 

Health care is expensive. I am talking almost if not over 5000 a month. Which some of this is taking care of but some of it I can't afford. I just can't afford it. There are options for me to afford it but I have to contact private companies to see if I can get finical assistance to cover cost I just can't afford. I also have government based heath care which I am happy enough with when it covers what I need it to. Something you can fight and appeal to get things to go out way but thats not always the case. Many times for this you need to get your doctor to right a letter proving it is medically necessary. When I had private health care it wasn't this hard to get what I needed but I am to sick to work and pay for private health care and to old to be on my parents insurance. For a bit of a back story. 

When people start to say they are gonna change health care, they need to talk to someone who is chronically ill and/or legally disabled. A lot of us have opinions and ideas that could work. For example. 

Give people like me, the option to be on their parents insurance. Yes make strict guidelines that need to be followed for their children to do this, but make this an option!! My life would be so much easier if I could go back on my parents insurance. I had so many issues coming off of it. My home health bill sky rocketed!! Some of my meds were no longer covered leaving me in a bind. Yes I understand there is a cut off age but their should be for the chronically ill/disbaled. 

Make it harder for people to sew. I see adds all the time on TV "did you have this side effect... well you could sew for thousands." Dude its a common side effect that you can google and the pharmacy gives you. Some side effects I can't cope with (was on one that kept my Potassium at 2) which it was pulled quickly. Superman could not figure out what was wrong until he looked up side effects. and so glad he did. People should not be able to sew over common side effects. And if you have a "major side effect" and don't tell anyone its your fault. Mean?? Probably but true. If you ask our pharmacist they usually know how to help you. Yes someone aren't so good. I had one that couldn't even tell me how to use mucomist. Then I have one that will sit their and explain things to me. I was actually in this weekend and she walked me thru everything I needed. You just have to ask. Nurses or Resp. Therapist ask them they may know more then the doctor because they work with it. It makes your tummy hurt?? Suck it up butter cup. (no really the nurse has told me this before it not so blunt fashion).

If made it harder to sew, medical professionals would to have to pay so much for their liability insurance and cost might go down. Also don't allow pharmaceutical companies to monopolize on meds. Yes I understand they need to make money to but 6000 (actual cost before insurance) is redicilous for a cost!! Yes some companies have options but thats an insane cost for a med that someone needs and still needs to pay for other medications and food!! I looked at poor Wonder Woman at the cost of it and told her I understand why patients are non compliant!! She agreed.

There are ways to make health care affordable yet profitable. We just need to talk logistic with politicians that actually care to listen.

I encourage you to help me get this out there
Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment