Thursday, November 12, 2015

Surgery update

I guess I should update y'all or start this update while Wonder Woman is at the walk I am missing today. I am a chair and supposed to be there but do to this surgery I can't walk far at the moment. So I have had my surgery and Superman let Dr B do the surgery I knew he had his reservations as she is a fairly new doctor but she was very kind and had me fully aware of absolutely everything that could go wrong as did Superman with my lungs. The group that put me under were also top notch!! I had no idea I had the best until the next morning. He new more about allergies and mast cell disease then I do. I am also certain that he knows more then Superman to. I had made the comment talk to Wonder Woman more then me about what can affect me as my lungs tend to be weak and no idea what affects what. There also times I have been on ativan and have no memory of what has happened and she;s the one there. Or Lady Sif whose said the exact same thing Wonder Woman does. If you want me to tell you what is going on hold off on the ativan and let me update you then give it to me. Anaphylaxis is one they give ativan for or if you so much as mention you have POTS you get it to so I tend not to admit I have it. So all was set and my nurse was so sweet. She told me I was a brave soul and as always I thank you but I don't see how I brave I am just an average girl making it thru life.

Pre OP is interesting or well not something I am use to. The tech does most of the care at first, they get you settled, they got me connected to their oxygen, the weight and the vitals and such and then you see the doctors. The first I saw was the doctor who puts me under, anesthesia and I said above I told them to Speak to Wonder Woman and theres strict notes in my chart that Superman has placed as I have mast cell disease and he left Wonder Woman with notes to and if you need him to call him. So he read everything and i got my Benadryl and Pepcid which helps prevent reactions from happening. From what I hear I had no Epi. So thats a good thing, from what I heard the surgery went well I am going by what I was told. I have no memory of anything. I was in recovery for a couple hours and I had finally woke up and there was this sweet nurse between me and someone else helping both of us. I just wanted my pain killers but it was between that and seeing Wonder Woman and I am sure you know what I took!! Wonder Woman!! I finally got my meds. I remember them rolling me by and was so confused why it was so dark outside and they had to explain to me that it was just that late!! WHAT?!?! I remember very little clearly.

So I am finishing this blog quite a bit off!! The pain is still bad and I had gotten a virus and had to go to Urgent Care to get cared for a bit. I am sure most of  you have gotten pictures!! It's some kind of skin virus that is highly contagious and being I have a poor immune system and the post op waiting room was SLAMMED it's hard telling who or wear I caught it from. I also had a nurse that told me contact isolation was optional as its only there to protect me. I told her since I had CF that no it is NOT optional and if you come in with germs and I get sick its your fault. She was in every hour that night, or with a first time nurse. Recent grad and licensed nurse who I liked much better. I got a nurse change in the middle of the night and finally got some sleep around 4am. I was also doing a LOT of breathing treatments and think I saw 3-4 RTs which I am ok with lol please get these lungs working. I felt so bad for my sweet nurse though. I had just done PT which shakes you and applies pressure at the same time. Well it made me sick and every time she went to discharge I was getting sick. Which made me cringe because it hurt so bad and I felt so bad!! She got me some Zofran!! My favorite anti-nausea!! I was discharged by 8am and my first night at home was beyond difficult. I couldn't lay on my back as I had so much pressure under my lungs I couldn't expand my lungs and 3 minutes into PT i was hanging over the table to the point I stopped and scared poor Wonder Woman.

Lung wise?? I don't feel as bad as I should until today. My PF are ridiculously low and borderline concerning but something I was warned about so not freaking out. I just take it as it is. I couldn't do my PT for 6 days so I was dependent on manual PT when I let someone touch me and my flutter frequently. I have been on a lot on benadryl and pain killers. I quite like the painkiller because I can't feel how painful my lungs are. I can feel my incision though.

But I am gonna end this here before it gets to long.
Love Y'all
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment