Friday, November 20, 2015

A week in the life

Its been a week or so I think since the last update not a lot has happened but I figured I update anyways before people start wondering where I went and worrying.

Well I have been asking for a new mattress for a bit now, as mine is incredibly old no idea how old but I am sure its up there in years. It was in there before I moved to FL and no i don't live there anymore but that will tell some of you how old it is. I went to college in FL right after HS. So with my lungs being so bad I sleep propped on pillows and sometime in the middle of the night I sink down and wake up with quite gross lungs. Low PFs and have to fight to get them up in the morning and most days they don't always improve. So they were considering between posture pedic and sleep number and I was like well if your gonna spend money so I can have a good bed can we have one that sits up like the hospital because when I can actually sleep in the hospital I sleep very well because I am at angle. Also when I get tattooed at angle I breathe my easiest. I was sitting up to strait getting my one tattoo and I was to upright to expand my lungs. Those around me notice when I sit I am either hunched over to expand my lungs are reclined a little. So we decided on sleep number which I was blown away by!! Not only were the beds amazing the sweet girl had immense knowledge on the beds!! Oh my gosh!! I was impressed!! I am leaving her name out because I did not get permission to right about her so I want say much out of respect to her. But I was truly amazed by her knowledge and how every question we had she had an answer for and helped us pick out the perfect bed!! So now I do not only have a bed that sits up, I have one that massages which reminded me of my PT vest so I can jossel the junk in my lungs while in bed (amazing) but I have on that will keep me cool when I sleep!! I am so excited to get this bed and really if your reading this you truly made my day!!

Then mid week later in the evening or well early evening I would say I got a call from Batman which I still owe him a phone call which I promised on surgery day but my lungs are a bit week and last time I called him I got into a coughing fit got junk dislodged clogged an airway and was black in and out and thankful Wonder Woman was here to pound it out and clear my airways and my lungs are a bit weaker now from surgery not sure i could hold much of a convo but anyways. Well he popped by it's been a LONG time since I have seen him so I told him he was getting a pic with me because no one would know he stopped by otherwise lol. I said this to him so it's nothing he didn't hear. I love seeing my friends and Poison Ivey and her hubby stopped by earlier this week which I love seeing them. He has his own favorite super hero but I feel so bad calling him Dead Pool even though thats his super hero!! Like really last Christmas all his stuff was Dead Pool haha he's always talking about him to lol.

Then yesterday I woke up it was rainy and damp a bit chilly so I figured lets turn the heat on low in the sunroom so they kit girl could be comfortable. So I turn it on and the smell was horrific. Have you ever used a really old hair dryer that has a lot of life left in but sits for a week or more at time?? Well it was that scent but much worse. So I immediately turned it off because it was a triggering off my asthma. My lungs are a bit to weak to handle an asthma attack so I did something and went back for a treatment. No one was home at this time so I texted Wonder Woman frantically, and she was like you know it happens for heater and I am like NO you don't understand this is worse then normal. Then when Grandma came home I told her what happened and stressed the fact it was triggering and DO NOT TURN IT ON. So what does she do?? Turns it on so I had to miss midday treatment!! Sighs... Yep missed it. Also the smell was in the house so I was coughing and wheezing a bit texting Wonder Woman the details and she told me she could feel my frustration and of course take the pred and benadryl. Which i had already done and used my rescue inhaler since I couldn't sit on my 20 mins of treatment but I fixed my lungs right back to their current base line PFs so all worked out.

But I must get off here though I promised my sweet nursing seniors I'd make them pumpkin muffins by their request so I need to get a shopping list going and praying their is cans of pumpkin left around this time a year and I don't have to go on a wild goose chase... OH target trip!! I can do this!! And Wonder Woman thought I needed body wash as an excuse to go there lol Pumpkin it is and makeup...

Love Y'all
~Poppet 

No comments:

Post a Comment