Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow!

It's snowing! Been pretty idol all day as in playing video games. Triggered a coughing fit watching Grandma let Dog Dog out. I can not have contact with her but she is SO happy it's snowing. Me and Rube's we hibernate. Snow makes me awfully dizzy so I figured I'd start preparing for my trip with the bestie.

I am sure the hotel thinks I am crazy! I did research on the area and ALL the hotels I was looking at before I made my decisions and of course I called a few places. The place we are staying at according to the reviews it has a basement. Evidently they do not have one, they of course you have to request a fridge for the IVs. The place I really wanted to stay that looked so amazing and was only in that area, well it had "beds infested with bugs." Which turned me away very fast! Last thing we need to do is come home with bed bugs... Then another one had a moldy perfume smell to it. Needless to say there has been a LOT of thought going into these trip.

I am nervous to go up there, I learned recently that fog makes it impossible to breathe and make me super dizzy. I live close to cost so, I am use to sea level atmosphere. So a few questions come up that currently can't be answered. Will the different location affect my POTS? Different atmosphere, less oxygen, different elevation... I've read it can affect but not sure. But otherwise I am SO going to enjoy my trip!!

I also had a trip to a local university. If you follow me on facebook I am sure you seen a few post about it. Wonder Woman as yall know is a nurse, she's also an instructor and allowed me to talk to her class! I for see many wonderful nurses in the future. I was able to talk to them about POTS and how some patients differ from the norm. I also got to talk to them about my life and my experiences with nurse at hospitals. I have some off beat and wonderful experiences in the hospital. I am so thankful the students were very interactive and made me feel very welcome.

They got to listen to all my crazy stories about my life in the hospital. What I have been through the good the bad and the ugly. Wonder Woman also spoke on the importance of allergens in medicine and in many other places in the hospital.

I am truly blessed to have spoke to future nurses. Looking forward to going back to. Dr. Dean wants me to set up an power point for the next time I go in.

I guess I should be off here for a bit,
Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment