Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Little Update

Yes I know it's been awhile... What can I say... Other then i've been busy busy and I have a super short attention span. I don't even know where to being at this point.

Not to long ago I found out I was going to a teaching hospital (sadly its not Duke) and before I even had the chance to enlist a person to accompany me the bestie offered to go with me! Which made me and Wonder Woman feel so much better. She is always super busy at work and then she has me, and it's the not so smart to let me go on a road trip by myself. AND this is my FIRST road trip fully diagnosed with POTS and on treatment for POTS, oh and I have a TON of allergies and my heart doesn't alway behave itself. This is also my first road trip with her so it's going to be so much fun! I think she's going to have a car full of medical equipment but that is ok! Then we also have to find a hotel that does NOT allow smoking in rooms what so ever, and a safe place to eat which is next to impossible. I have so many allergies!

I have also learned that when placing abeslom (my central line) at an angle so its not under my arm kinks the line and you can't get a return (get blood off it). We really seriously thought something was wrong with it and we need to get it fixed, which means replacing the tube. But Wonder Woman as always works a miracle and we can a return off of it. Which was a huge sigh of relief. I do not like relying on people every moment of the day. I am fully capable of caring for myself. But limit use of your right hand leads to asking for help!

If you follow me I'm sure you know I have the worse lungs ever. My lungs have finally been deemed stable! yes!!! as long as i stay away from triggers which I am pretty good at doing. Some times its harder then other but hey as long as I am doing better I will do my best to avoid triggers. I don't want to be back in the hospital. As for my heart? Well its been doing OK. It messed up a couple days ago but its been doing OK. Thankfully, there are days it makes me so tired cause it gets so fast but then I just lay down with the kitten. Its really just my POTS acting up and there's nothing we can do with it cause of the asthma. I'm not going to complain though especially when I actually do have good days. :-). I can also handle the rapid heart rate as long as it doesn't go over 130!

I guess I best get off here and go bug wonder woman. She did just get me the cutest skull shirt! :-D

Love yall!!
Poppet~




No comments:

Post a Comment