Monday, August 20, 2018

You got this.

I was just doing my morning Yoga, because I cant think of a good enough excuse not to, and todays mantras were in 3 parts. Some days my Yoga has mantras and its way to do almost a meditative yoga. And you repeat these words over and over to clear your head of any thoughts. I actually love meditative slow fluid yoga as much as I love regular yoga.

The first mantra was "everything is, as it should be." Sometimes thats hardest thing to accept. I am beyond guilty of this. If your read my past few blogs being locked in for the summer has gotten to me a lot. You start to get in the mind set "why me." I can give you there stereotypical answer of "because your strong enough to lead this life." Yeah no one wants to here that, and you just want to scream "aren't I strong enough already." Maybe were still in the process of learning to be content and present where we are. No matter the situation. I would love to be outside enjoying the summer weather but my reality is step out side in the summer. My skin burns, my heart goes up, my breath is gone, and im just over all sick. This mantra hit me. This is the way things should be for my life. Why?? I have no idea, but here I am.

Then the next part of my yoga journey came, and I'm doing variations of planks. Planks are hard. They are a full body strengthening exercise and variations of this are hard. The mantra came up "I am strong." That really helped me get thru the planks. So many times in the summer I sink into this cycle of self doubt. I question everything about my life and my disease?? I question how much more I can take. During the plank session thats what I need to hear and it really helped me repeating it over and over that I was strong and I got this. Now what if we applied this to life?? Think about your deepest hardest struggle. Now imagine if someone gently whispered to you, your strong and you got this?? Would that change how you thought of things?? Just because your friend is saying this to you doesn't mean your going thru this alone, its just simply a word of encouragement to get thru whatever it is your going thru. For me?? Getting thru the summer.

The last part was "you got this." It was the confirmation of all this. You can get thru your battle, you can get thru your journey. You strong, you are capable. Dont let the self doubt get to you. Dont let it eat you alive and break you. Sometimes thats the biggest part of the journey. Its just simply accepting where you are in life, embracing it, and reminding your self that you are right where you need to be, you are strong enough to get thru all this, and you can handle whatever life throws at you.

Love Yall
~Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment