Monday, August 20, 2012

"Is it fatal?"

This is a common question I get asked. I am not sure why. If I tell people about my disease that is one of the first questions I get asked.

No POTS is not a fatal disease or syndrome. It is considered disabling but it is not deadly. I have heard of people having brain injuries from passing out and hitting their heads. I personally passed out and broke my ribs. But I have yet to hear about a fatality linked to this disease. I have looked into it here and there but all research states it is not fatal.

There are different forms and stages of the disease, patients with a more mild version can lead very functional lives. There are some of us though that can sit in bed and spin. I remember feeling like I was going to fall off my bed before lol. There are also patients sicker then me, that just can not function in daily life. I have been there and very thankful to my doctors to help half function! What a blessing. This one is short but wanted to let you guys no that from what research has shown this is NOT fatal.

I hope everyone is doing well,
Love Poppet

No comments:

Post a Comment