Friday, August 31, 2012

iMacs, Cupcakes, and Coffee!

Yes there is a point to the title!

My iMac was temporally down, so what does a Mac user do? They take it to the Apple store of course to get it fixed. So that is what we (me and momma) did.

We thought we were going to drop the computer off and leave. Well no thats not how it worked, we got there an HOUR after they opened and they were like oh it will be 2 hours. I was already short of breath from our little hike to the store, was very dizzy and my heart was up. I told Momma hey i'll be fine lets get some coffee in me to get my BP up. Most POTS patients have low blood pressure. So we went to the coffee shop and we sat down to drink our coffee and sit so my HR would go down and such. So we finally get back to the Apple store and it turns out the fix/upgrade your computers while you wait! It's so awesome!! I loved it! :-D. Well here's the problem I forgot we had well I had only eaten some grapes to take my meds thats morning. Which is NOT enough calories to go with the amount of calories I was burning be up and active. I had NO idea what to eat because i have a ton of food allergies, so we went to go look for cupcakes that were safe and they were sold out! I need the calories to I really thought i was just going to pass out in the store, my heart rate was up i didn't have enough water on me, i didn't eat enough, and I had been walking more then I should have! I ended up with snack that were iffy and i ended up being mildly allergic to!

Moral of the story you may ask?

POTS patient tend to burn more calories then the average person. They should know to eat enough and when they know its not safe to eat out pack food with you and sometimes even carry an extra bottle of water with you! Sit down frequently when you are out! This is one thing I did right! If you know you take meds in the middle of the day to keep your blood pressure up make sure you have them on you so you don't get sick and ALWAYS be thankful for the people around you that help you successfully go out and about! Oh and if anyone has a recipe for sesame garlic sticks send me the recipe they were delicious!

I hope everyone is well!!
Love
Poppet~ <3



No comments:

Post a Comment